Thompson garnered over 10% of the vote for Governor in 2002, gaining the LP official Major Party status.
Wisconsin Libertarian Party Chair Ed Thompson (brother of HHS Secy. and former Gov. Tommy Thompson) this morning praised Sen. Russ Feingold (D) for his opposition to the Patriot Act etc. on Madison's "Sly in the Morning" radio show. Asked by the host if this was an endorsement, Ed said "as Party Chair it would not be proper to endorse as such."
You must add at least one tag to this diary before publishing it.
You can add a private note to this diary when hotlisting it:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from your hotlist?
Are you sure you want to remove your recommendation? You can only recommend a diary once, so you will not be able to re-recommend it afterwards.
Rescue this diary, and add a note:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary from Rescue?
Choose where to republish this diary. The diary will be added to the queue for that group. Publish it from the queue to make it appear.
Add a quick update to your diary without changing the diary itself:
Are you sure you want to remove this diary?
Are you sure you want to save these changes to the published diary?
Recommended by ben masel
- Wisconsin Republican leaders and elected officials have attacked the female Chief Justice. Mocked a female local judge. And want budget cuts that directly hit poor mothers and women in female-...1 comments 7 Recs
- I think we, meaning, progressives, moderates, the younger generation have been looking to him to take on the right and fight the battle for us. When I say us, I mean the busy, preoccupied or ...650 comments 135 Recs
- Where is the Westboro Baptist Church when you really need them? At this point the relentless, shrieking voice of Shirley Phelps Roper would (almost) be welcome on the First Floor of our Rotunda. ...9 comments 8 Recs
- Ilya Sheyman is a long time Kossack who has worked as the Mobilization Director at MoveOn.org, Field Director at Democracy for America and Online Organizing Manager at TrueMajority/...20 comments 46 Recs
- Over the years, I have written often about The Living Constitution. See, e.g.68 comments 39 Recs
- In the mid 80s, while attending UW Madison, I would walk everyday from the East Side where I lived to the capitol square and through the Capitol itself where I could get warm, and then on up State ...61 comments 87 Recs
- On March 16th, several of the most conservative Wisconsin legislators are traveling to Washington, D.C., where they will be feted and celebrated for their roles in stripping the collective ...7 comments 16 Recs
- Saturday's solidarity events on the capitol square in Madison include a "tractorcade" of Wisconsin farmers starting at 10:00 a.m., with a rally to follow at 11:30 . Details below.71 comments 93 Recs
- After hearing about the Wisconsin Senate's shady, perhaps illegal, approval of Scott Walker's union-busting bill, my wife was quite upset last night. I told her I felt I needed to get to the capitol ...134 comments 289 Recs
- My husband and I went to a town hall meeting with our representatives this evening at the Wauwatosa (WI) City Hall and Public Library, hosted by Congressman James Sensenbrenner (R, WI) with newly-...48 comments 115 Recs
ben masel's Tags
- No current results.